Minggu, November 08, 2009
Resep yang dipakai dari web Martha Stewart, yaitu One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake dan Billy's Vanilla Cupcake.
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake
Makes 2 dozens
2 1/2 cups all-purpose
1 1/4 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp BS
1 1/4 tsp BP
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 large whole eggs + 1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat the oven 350 'F. Line 2 standard 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Into the bowl of an electric mixer, sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, BP, BS, and salt. Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the eggs and yolk, milk, oil, vanilla, and warm water. Beat on low speed until smooth and combined, about 3 minutes, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divided batter evently among the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center of a cupcake come out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool slightly. Invert cupcakes onto the rack, then reinvert and let them cool completely, top sides up. Frost cupcakes with buttercream, swirling to cover and garnish with chocolate curls.
Cupcakes can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Note: jangan heran jika adonan sangat encer, jangan menambahkan bahan lain hanya karena ingin membentuk adonan yang kental, karena tekstur adonan memang demikian. Tapi jangan khawatir, hasil akhirnya sangat lembut, mengembang dan sangat coklat.
Billy's Vanilla Cupcake
Makes 30 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self raising
1 1/4 unbleached all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp BP
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp pure vanilla stick
- Preheat oven to 325 'F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, BP, and salt. Mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until cake tester inserted im the center comes out clean, 17-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at roo, temperature.
Pemakaian vanilla extract jika digantikan dengan esens atau yang bubuk, akan sangat terasa beda.
Cake ini sangat lembut dengan aroma vanila yang dominan.